At one time a bottling works stood south of the Elms Hotel stables along Lake Maurer road. One interesting drink was bottled there was Soterian Gingerale. In 1903, this gingerale was awarded a blue ribbon at the Chicago World's Fair. Only three men knew the formula for making this drink. They swore never to divulge the secret ingredients, and when the last of the three died, the secret died with them. Several of the mineral waters were also bottled here for shipment all over the world. The bottling works was destroyed by fire and never rebuilt.
Sam Sherwood, who served as an aviator in WWI, donated his helmet, goggles and medals to the museum. At one time, he was very interested in starting a flying club in town.
Another collection of WWI army gear belonged to Lester Rowland and was given to the museum by his wife. The WWI phonograph was given by Pearl Frazier.
The Mineral Water Bowl display depicts the concern for the youth of this community. In the year of 1946, the late Glenn Lewis brought forth the idea of a (quarterback club) and lead the club in the production of the first mineral water bowl game in 1948. The game was played on Thanksgiving Day, November 26, 1948, between Excelsior Springs High School and Mexico High School. The first college bowl was played in 1954 and featured the College of Emporia and Castings College.